Dog ownership is a very big thing in this day and age. I know you are probably wondering why I would say that if you are not a dog owner. For those of you questioning your ownership or just unaware of the reasons why it’s a great thing to have a dog at home, I’m going to provide you with the Top 10 benefits on why Dog Ownership is good.
I have know of these for so long and I’m glad to be able to share my thoughts.
If we don’t share, how will everyone know right?
Here they are:
- Children who grow up in homes with pets have less risk of developing common allergies and asthma.
- Recent scientific research suggests that playing with dogs may help lower blood pressure.
- Kids with pets get outside more to go for walks, run, and play while enjoying the associated health benefits.
- Pet owners require fewer doctor’s visits.
- Emerging readers often feel more comfortable reading aloud to a pet.
- Nurturing a pet is a good way for children to “parent play”, to practice being a caregiver.
- Feeding and caring for a pet encourages childhood responsibility.
- Children with pets display improved impulse control, social skills, and self-esteem.
- Sharing the love and care of a family pet forges an additional common bond among siblings.
- Cuddling a pet reduces stress, loneliness and anxiety.
So what do you think about that? Do you agree?